Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nerd it up Brosef

I visited the Calgary Comic Expo today. I went for one reason - Dave Kellett, creator of the Sheldon comic strip, and all around nice guy, was there and I wanted to meet him. He was super friendly and I wished I could have chatted with him longer, but there is a line between fan and stalker, and I didn't want to cross that line. But I did get him to do a sketch in one of his books. This first picture is him doing the sketch.

This next one is him posing with his sketch. The drawing is of a character from Sheldon named Flaco, a small lizard, and the pilot of a spaceship from his sci-fi comic. The pilot doesn't have a name yet (when the strip started, he had lost his memory and no one knows his name, and Dave ain't tellin'!

Boba Fett with a stormtrooper.

A Death Star troop. The little thing he was holding in his hand was a remote control device, which he was (not) (wink-wink-nudge-nudge) using to control...
R2-D2. This was pretty cool. It moved around and beeped and seemed pretty much like the R2 unit from the films. I was pretty impressed.
The Expo was kinda neat. I got to see Brent Spiner (Data from TNG) and Malcolm MacDowell (the guy who killed Kirk and Star Trek: Generations)(and other movies)(probably). I didn't talk to them, and I sure wasn't going to pay to get an autograph from them, but I saw them.

6 Comments:

At 7:05 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

let me get this straight. you like a drawing dude enough to take pictures but wont stand in line to get a picture with Data, yet you do like a remote controlled beeper enough to take a picture. DATA IS AN ANDROID! HE IS AN ARTIFICIAL LIFE FORM. YOU MISSED OUT ON A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE OPPORTUNITY! but, ya, the remote controlled garbage can was cool.


p.s. i expect a response

 
At 7:33 p.m., Blogger Papa Scott said...

The geek in me hates you right now.

bercher

 
At 9:49 a.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

I refuse to respond!

 
At 2:01 p.m., Blogger Monty P said...

I'm not convinced that was a real storm trooper...did you ask him which movie he was in?

 
At 6:07 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

ok, i forgive you. now please respond.

 
At 11:14 a.m., Blogger jSharky said...

Sweet - I just saw some pictures from another Sci-fi thing that some of my theatre friends went to. One of them got to see Will Wheaton, but same thing, they didn't get signatures or anything.
BTW I didn't know people still keep up with this blogging thing. I have been soo out of the loop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home