Thursday, August 17, 2006

And that's the way the cookie crumbles

Today I was officially hired on at KalTire. I will sell tires and do other little mechanicy sorts of things, such as, well, I'm not completely sure. Rotating tires is definitely a task of mine. I start on Tuesday.
That's not the big thing in my day, though. I went to help Dan move (he was the director at the English camp in Switzerland), and while I was there some of my German friends called me, completely out of the blue. It was cool talking to them again, even if it was briefly. I miss them all.
That's not the big news of my day, though. The real event in my day was that I finally tried pork rinds. It is the stereotypical snack, the one that is used as the 'fat guy's favourite' in sitcoms and movies. It is almost set up to be the holy grail of salty snacks. A person who is serious about snacking would be wise to make sure he didn't leave these little tid bits out of his diet.
THEY ARE DISGUSTING! I ate one, and only swallowed it with the help of a great deal of water. I was grossed out of my gourd. They made me feel as ill as the Chaos ride at Caloway Park (the ride I dry heaved on). Even now I can still taste it in my mouth. So sick. I will hopefully never have to try them again.
And that is the big news of my day. I take my snacking seriously.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

yup, she sure is!

 
At 3:10 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

if only i had sent some lettuce to wash it down with...i'm sorry for letting you down, i'll try harder next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home