Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My Travels

All right, here we go. During my time in Switzerland I kept a bit of a travelogue, just observations about what was going on while I was there, as I mentioned. I've divided it into three separate entries. Today is the first:

I'm in the plane right now. The plane is cruising at around 10,600 metres - 10kms straight up. They handed out warm moist towels. And then, about ten seconds later they were following with a tub to collect the used ones. I think people were wiping hands an faces with them. It's like take-off makes people dirty. Or moist...

I like how clouds look from the top. We are over Northern Manitoba or Northern Ontario [note: it was Manitoba]. The clouds are very far beneath us, very solid looking. It's very awesomely sweet.

"Failure To Launch" is actually not a terrible movie. They have a naked room (watch the movie, you'll understand).

"Pushy Americans, always showing up late for every war." A line from Chicken Run, said by Commander Fowler.

I want them to land in Scotland. But they won't. Jerks.

I finally talked tot he kid sitting next to me. His name is Josh. He's travelling back to Vienna from Calgary by himself. He lives in Vienna with his mom who is divorced from his dad. He had family all around Europe, so he travels alot. The divorce and situation is hard on him, it's easy to tell. I wash I had talked about God with him, but I didn't. That's a failing on my part. I'll pray for him though.

We had a staff meeting yesterday and at the end we had a prayer time, and the German people prayed in German. It was awesome because I'm barely mono-lingual, so I had no idea what they were saying, but God is onmi-lingual, so he knew. How cool is that!

We're all here now, we just have to get ready for the kids.

My biggest responsibility as a counsellor is to get connected with the kids. I think I can do that, though the language barrier might be interesting to work around.

I jusmped out of a window yesterday and biffed the landing. Now my wrist is sore. It's not swollen though, so I'm not worried [note: the wrist is better, not sore at all]

They have pink and blue toilet paper here!

The kids come in less than 48 hours. I'm really started to get excited. The staff here is getting along great. There are many people from so many places worshipping one God. Man, God is just going to do GREAT things here!

2 Comments:

At 10:16 p.m., Blogger something witty said...

They have pink and blue toilet paper here!


more on the toilet paper!

 
At 11:44 a.m., Blogger Lorraine M said...

They used to have colored TP in Canada... any colour to match your decore.

I can hardly wait to hear more of your adventures!!

My brother lived in french Switzerland!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home