Thursday, August 10, 2006

Introspective

Well, what more can I say about my trip to Switzerland? I've been home now for about as long as I was away, and I don't think I've had time to fully get a sense of the entire trip yet. I don't know if I ever will. It was such a good time, a time that I didn't want to end. Every time I try to sit down and put down in words what my experience was, I fail completely. It was just too big, too overwhelming, too personal. Feel free to ask me about it, I will try to tell you about it, but if you want to hear more, don't wait for me to bring it up. I might, but I likely won't. I don't really know why it is so hard for me to describe anything specific. It's not like I don't remember the details, because I do. They are on the tip of my tongue, at the ends of my fingers as I write, but they refuse to get out into the world. It's almost as though separating them from me in such a way would somehow make them less real.
This all sounds very odd, even to me, so I will say this: I really enjoyed my two weeks working at an English camp in Switzerland. I made friendships that I hope I will be able to sustain for years to come. I learned about myself and about God and how the two of us are supposed to interact. I felt a tug in my heart and a glimpse of a direction in my life. I came across teens that I care about deeply and I still pray about to this day.
Now I'm home and I have to concentrate on living my life here, but I don't think I will fully leave Switzerland for quite some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home