Monday, August 07, 2006

Guten Dag

As you probably know, I just returned from two weeks in Switzerland (if you don't know, then take a moment to read some of my recent BLOGs dealing with those two weeks, and I will likely post a little bit more about some specific things from those two weeks). While I was preparing for that trip, I learned about Black Forest Academy (BFA). BFA is a school in Germany that caters to the children of missionaries around the world. It is run by Janz Team Ministries and is located in Germany. After much prayer and consideration, I have decided to apply to work there as an RA starting in September of 2007.
As an RA, I would be responsible for taking care of some of the kids who are living in the dorm at the school. I would be a spiritual mentor for the children, as well as a chauffer, a disciplinarian, and whatever else I need to do. In many ways it is similar to what I was doing at the camp in Switzerland, only there are more responsibilities. The position would be for a minimum of two years, and is a volunteer position, so I am responsible for raising my own support.
I have to say that I am totally stoked about this opportunity. There are many questions that have to be answered, and many forms that have to be filled out before I can officially say that I am going, so I am trying not to get too far ahead of myself. But I think that it is an opportunity that God has placed before me and I
think that I have much to offer the children at the school. I know that I am not a perfect Christian, but I do think that I am someone who is able to look at the world around him and ask the questions that need to be asked. Sometimes I think that is the hardest thing for many people, especially those who grew up as Christians, to learn. I love hanging out with teens and kids and they seem to like me. I really think that I will be able to guide the kids to being better people and stronger Christians than they were when they arrived.
I don't have many specific details yet, I'm still working on them. But I am starting the process of applying for the position. Hopefully in the next month I will have more details for you.
In the meantime I have to find a job here in Calgary. That is something that has me a little concerned. I am not very good at looking for work because I find the process to be rather tiresome. Plus, I never feel like I'm really sure what I want to do, so I don't know what to apply for. So I guess if you want, you could pray that I find a job quickly, one that I can be happy with, and that the whole BFA process goes smoothly.

3 Comments:

At 7:50 a.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

Probably a good thing you were in the FRENCH part...y'know it's Guten Tag? ;) Unless of course you were trying to simulatenously wish someone a good day and comment on a dog's behaviour. ;) But who am I to comment, half the time I can't even speak English.

 
At 9:13 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

will you spend any time on the one and only auto-bohn?
you get to go fast you know!

 
At 10:10 a.m., Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

You can't make fun of my German. I'm French!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home