Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Downpore

I was a little disappointed today. I was sitting in my room watching Jurassic Park (a good movie, but the book is better) and I heard a thunderstorm started. I decided that today I would take a walk in the rain. I got outside and it rained for about two minutes and then died out. The whole reason I wanted to walk in the rain was to get completely soaked, and I barely got wet at all.
I don't know why, but I like to walk in the rain sometimes. There's something I like about getting absolutely soaked. Really, rain in general is sweet. Or more correctly, a really hard thunderstorm is sweet. The rain that drizzles down for two straight days isn't quite as cool, though it has its place. I could go all symbolic and metaphorical, saying something about how it is like washing away the old, or washing away my sins or cleansing the soul, or something like that. But really, I just like to get completely wet.
Now, that's not always. I don't like working in the rain, and if I'm going somewhere that is not my house I don't really want to get too wet. I don't mind walking from the car to the movie theatre in the rain without running, but I wouldn't want to walk for hours and then go to a movie or to eat or something. Getting soaked is best followed by going home, changing into something warm and dry and then either writing something interesting or watching mindless media.
And that's what I have to say on that subject.

4 Comments:

At 9:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you can always get soaked in the shower, convenient for changing out of the wet clothes.

 
At 7:21 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

or...I can throw buckets of water on you. :) I'll try to refrain from doing that in the winter if I do in fact come out to visit...I think Darrell the ice cube might not be as much fun. ...although... ;) just kidding. :)

 
At 10:38 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

did you know that Niki d is my cousin?

 
At 2:22 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

interesting... i'm pretty sure i don't have any cousins. :P but i'll gladly adopt one or two! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home