Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tubular (Ooh, an 80s reference!)

So I am starting to become aclimatised! Yesterday I had to open a jar of mayonnaise, and as I did so, I thought to myself silly Germans, putting their mayonnaise in jars. What will they think of next. And then it hit me, that is how it is done in Canada. Over here they put all of their condiments in tubes. Mayonnaise, mustard, tomato paste, and just many things are in tubes. I am so used to it that I found the jar a bit weird.
And then I went to the train station to pick someone up and bring them back to the dorm, and promptly got lost. Not on the way there, that was easy. I was even early. It was the way home that I could not figure out. We tried four different ways to get home and suddenly found ourselves randomly in a town in Germany (did I mention the train station is actually in Switzerland) and I could get home from there. But I don't actually know how I got there. Fun times!

3 Comments:

At 11:23 a.m., Blogger Monty P said...

Cool! It's kind of fun when you wake up one day and realize - hey, I kind of fit in here. Maybe not perfectly, but it's not the awkward, uncomfortable thing that it once was. Good on ya.

By the way, we get almost everything in tubes here, too. Unless by tubes you mean something different than the squeeze bottles we have.

 
At 8:40 a.m., Blogger jSharky said...

Hey, sorry 'bout not keeping up with blogs. Not having the internet at home can be challenging that way, but now I'm back at school and I have extra time before and after classes to hop into a computer lab for a few minutes in a day.
Anywho, thanks for the email update - it's good to hear what is happening elsewhere when here can be so tedious (I guess you'd feel like that some mornings too). And thanks for including a link to your blog - I almost forgot about blogs now that facebook is pretty much the new bandwagon.

 
At 8:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tubes like toothpaste tubes, not squeeze bottles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home