Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mountain Therapy

So I didn't make it home for Christmas this year, so I consoled myself with a week in the Swiss Alps. I know, it's a hard life I live.
Seriously though, I did spend some time in the Swiss Alps, in a town called Adelboden. Janz Team, the mission agency I am with, has a chalet there, and a group of us rented it. We left a day after all of the kids cleared out and just spent the time relaxing.
Most people went skiing, but I decided I couldn't afford it this year and I didn't desperately want to go, so I just went on some nice hikes instead. It was perfect weather, sunny every day with cold temperatures, but not so cold that it was unpleasant to be outside. It was probably between zero and -10 Celcius everyday, maybe getting a little colder at night. We had an unobstructed view of some mountains, and it was gorgeous. Seriously, I wish I was back there right now. I came away from the trip so very relaxed and refreshed. It was a long semester and a break really was needed.
Now I am back at the dorm, just hanging out and doing more relaxing. I don't have a car so it is difficult getting around sometimes. We are allowed to use the dorm vans, but we are only given a certain amount of kilometres that we can use before we have to start paying for it. We get 50kms every month and after that we have to pay 40 Euro cents per kilometre. The good news is that we can carry our kms forward, so I have 90kms that I can use this over the break, but that won't get me too far, a few trips into town or to other dorms, but all in all it isn't too bad. I'm not complaining.
So Merry Christmas to everyone who reads this. I hope you get some time to relax and be with those that you love, or in the very least those that you like. I miss you all!
D

2 Comments:

At 7:50 p.m., Blogger Niki Devereaux said...

I came to comment on your blog, just for the sake of commenting-and there was a new post! :)

Adelboden is apparently world-renowned for skiing, that's awesome that Janz Team has a chalet there! I don't think I've ever been (although maybe...) I'm glad you were able to enjoy God's creation and have a good rest after a busy semester.

Have a GREAT Christmas! :)

 
At 9:08 a.m., Blogger something witty said...

Merry Christmas my friend. come home and we will not go to the swiss alps together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home